Attn: SPORTS EDITORS
RESUMPTION OF SPORTS (REVISED)
After further consultations within Government the Ministry of Sports, Culture and Heritage has revised the Resumption of Sports Guidelines as follows:
- All Contact Sports (Low-Risk) may resume their Premier (Tier 1) League and Team Kenya activities. All the other activities related to lower level leagues remain suspended;
- All Contact Sports (High-Risk) remain suspended;
- All National Teams may resume training in preparation for international events;
- No spectators shall be allowed at any sporting event;
- All the Federations must ensure compliance to all the provisions of the Guidelines;
- All athletes and athlete handlers will be required to undergo mandatory COVID-19 testing at the expense of the event or league organizers and repeated every month throughout the duration of the league;
- If more than 20 percent of players within a team test positive for COVID-19, the team will be required to pull out of the competition/ league until full recovery of the entire team is verified;
- The Ministry will undertake random testing of athlete and athlete handlers from time to time.
The Ministry shall continue monitoring compliance to the guidelines and take necessary action including suspension of a specific sporting activity in the best interest of the health and safety of all our stakeholders.
Issued at KENCOM, Nairobi.
Amb. (Dr.) Amina Mohamed, EGH, CAV