Attn: SPORTS EDITORS
CALL FOR SUBMISSION OF MEMORANDA
On the 16th Day of March, 2021 the Cabinet Secretary for Sports, Culture and Heritage Amb. (Dr.) Amina Mohamed, EGH, CAV appointed the Cricket Normalization Committee to lead an all-inclusive process that would see return of normalcy in the Sport of Cricket in Kenya.
The mandate of the Committee is to:
- Coordinate the finalization of the Draft Constitution and ensure its validation in line with the requirements of the Sports Act 2013 and the ICC Statutes;
- Ensure smooth running of Cricket Kenya’s operations including team preparations for local and international events;
- Coordinate and facilitate the compliance of Cricket Kenya to the ICC requirements;
- Facilitate the elections of new officials as per the validated Constitution;
- Hand over Cricket Kenya to newly elected officials after a successful election ;
- Recommend to the Cabinet Secretary for Sports, Culture and Heritage long lasting solutions to the problems facing Cricket Kenya;
Since inauguration, the Committee has reviewed existing documents, mapped stakeholders, met the Cricket Kenya members of staff, identified upcoming events for our national teams, established a Secretariat and facilitated vaccination of the national team players. The Committee has now begun the process of engaging Cricket Kenya’s key stakeholders.
The outcome of the normalization process is aimed at reviewing and finalization of Cricket Kenya Constitution and resumption of Cricket Kenya activities in the Country. It is against this background that the Cricket Normalization Committee invites all stakeholders and interested members of the public to submit their specific inputs and views on the best possible responses in line with the above Committee’s mandate to address the myriad challenges affecting the Cricket sector.
All written memoranda and substantive comments with specific challenges and proposed interventions shall be submitted in hard or softcopy to the Secretariat, Cricket Normalization Committee by email to; firstname.lastname@example.org or sent through P.O BOX 49849-00100 NAIROBI addressed to “The Cabinet Secretary, Attn: The Chairperson, Cricket Normalization Committee” to be received not later than fourteen (14) days from the date of publication of this notice i.e. on or before the 11th day of MAY, 2021 at 5 pm. The Cricket Kenya Constitution can be accessed from the Ministry’s website (www.sportsheritage.go.ke)
We encourage the members of the public and especially cricket stakeholders to submit their memoranda to enable the Committee undertake its mandate within the scheduled timelines in order to bring back cricket to where it belongs;
The Committee will constantly update the public on all our activities.
Hon. Lady Justice Joyce Aluoch EBS, CBS (Rtd.) Judge.
CRICKET NORMALIZATION COMMITTEE