Chief Executive Officer: Grade SASDF 1
Job Ref: SASDF 1/2022
The Sports, Arts and Social Development Fund (SASDF) is established under the Public Finance Management (Sports, Arts and Social Development Fund) Regulations, 2018 (Legal Notice No. 194) with the mandate of providing funding to support the development and promotion of Sports and Arts, and the promotion of Social Development.
Sports, Arts and Social Development Fund (SASDF) seeks to recruit a Competent, result oriented, knowledgeable, dynamic, visionary and experienced person to fill the position of Chief Executive Officer tenable at SASDF Headquarters, Nairobi.
The CEO will provide strategic leadership by working with the Board and Management team of the Sports, Arts and Social Development Fund as stipulated in Legal Notice No. 194, the Public Finance Management (Sports, Arts and Social Development Fund) Regulations 2018.
Terms of Service and Remunerations
As per the SRC guidelines
As per the SRC guidelines
As provided by the Fund
Medical cover & other allowances: As provided by the Fund
Terms of Service:
Three (3) Years Renewable Contract subject to Performance
Location/ Work Station:
Flamingo Towers 7th Floor, Mara Road, Upper Hill Nairobi
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide strategic direction and leadership in the formulation, review and execution of policies and programmes in line with the Legal Notice No. 194 and the PFM Regulations 2018;
- Provide guidance and oversee the development and execution of the Funds Strategic Plan;
- Provide Leadership in the implementation of the Oversight Board Resolutions;
- Ensure that the Fund’s goals are aligned to the national policies;
- Oversee establishment of partnerships, linkages, networks and collaboration with external partners for additional funding;
- Establish mechanisms for effective communication and execution of the Oversight Board’s strategies, decision and policies between different levels of management;
- Oversee the organization’s quality assurance and risk management framework;
- Oversee implementation of the organizational performance management Framework by ensuring performance contracts are negotiated, cascaded and implemented in the Fund;
- Oversee mobilization and allocation of resources;
- Provide leadership in the preparation of a budget circular for the Fund to eligible persons and institutions by 30th August each year relating to the ceiling for funding under Sports, Arts and Social Development, prioritize programmes, projects and activities to be funded in the Financial year;
- Provide leadership in the preparation of annual and medium term budgets;
- Provide leadership in the preparation of the annual financial statements as provided for by the PFM Act;
- Promote social development including universal health care;
- Ensure compliance with principles of good governance, transparency, accountability, ethics and integrity;
- Promote the corporate image and branding, awareness and social responsibility to enhance visibility of the Fund;
- Provide advice to the Oversight Board Fund administrator;
- Oversee development and implementation of human resource framework that includes adoption of appropriate organizational structures, recruitment, employee welfare, training and development, industrial relations, separation, staff discipline, talent management, performance management, succession planning and retention;
- Facilitate innovation, research and documentation in arts, culture and the creative industry, sports and social development;
- Oversee the preparation of work plan projects and quarterly reports which contain financial and non- financial performance of the Fund; and
- Enhance support and access to funding for sportspersons and sports organizations to enable their participation in sporting events and competitions.
Requirement for appointment: –
For appointment to this grade a candidate must have:-
- Minimum of fourteen (14) years of service in a relevant professional and at least Eight (8) years at management level;
- Bachelor’s Degree in either of the following disciplines: Commerce, Finance, Economics, Business Management/ Sports Administration and Social Sciences or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Membership of a recognized and relevant professional body;
- Certificate in leadership course from a recognized institution not less than six (6) weeks
- Meet Requirements of Chapter six (6) of the constitution;
- Executive Leadership course; and
- Proficiency in Computer applications.
Method of Application
Applicants who meet the above requirements to send their application, CV and copies of academic/professional certificates/testimonials, National Identity Card, day time telephone contact together with tax clearance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA), copy of PIN certificate, certificate of good conduct from Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI), Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) and loan clearance certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) by hand/courier in an envelop clearly marked indicating the position applied for or email to the address below or drop the application to the office of the undersigned at Maktaba Kuu, Upper Hill, Nairobi.
The applications should be delivered to the office of the undersigned on or before 15th February, 2022.
The Cabinet Secretary
Kenya National Library Services
5th Floor, Along Ngong Road, Upper Hill Nairobi
P O Box 49489 00100 Nairobi.