The Kenya Film Commission in line with its mandate and the directive by H.E the President of the Republic of Kenya would like to support the local film makers by cushioning them from the negative economic impact of COVID-19. This is to be done through engaging film makers from the 47 counties to develop content that will communicate and resonate with the public in relation to COVID-19 and its impact (social-economically).
The content developed will be communicated and distributed through various channels (print and digital),social media to the target audience in a way that appeals and drives them to watch, listen and understand what is being communicated.
Please submit the following with the production application form.
- A one to two page letter of application
A brief synopsis not to exceed one page
- A full itemized production budget
- A treatment or project outline (Narrative projects submit a directors treatment and Documentaries submit a detailed outline)
- A full script for film
- A comprehensive production schedule
- A proposed distribution and marketing plan.
- A summary of the work experience and/or qualifications of the key creative team.
- Only filmmakers who are registered with the Commission or Film Association will be considered.
Criteria For Submission
- Summaries of CVs for the principal creative team (director, writer and producer must be included
- Attach relevant copyright information
- E-mail application
- Attach information on other confirmed sources of finance if available
- Successful applicants will receive letters of intent. In order to secure the grant, the recipient will be required to sign an agreement with KFC.
- KFC will provide written acknowledgement of applications within 3 days of receipt
- Do not submit any extra material, e.g. videos, photographs, etc (unless requested)
- Proposals that do not adhere to the above criteria will be disqualified.
Terms & Conditions
Short Films and/or Documentaries should be between 3 and 5 minutes in length.
Who May Apply:
Films and programmes must have at least a Kenyan producer, Kenyan director, Kenyan cast or crew to qualify. Only the film maker (producer, director or executive producer) may submit an entry.
PLEASE NOTE: If the Production uses material (including music) that may be owned by a third party (or if a third party has any right or interest in such material), you may be required to give the Kenya Film Commission written proof that the third party has consented to the use of the material for the purpose of making the production. To promote fairness to other artistes, Kenya Film Commission may disqualify an entry that lacks approval for the use of third party materials.
Submission of Works
Download the Application Form below. Submissions will be directed to email@example.com or filled online form below.
Follow on Social Media
The Deadline for submissions is 13th June 2020.