Nyayo National Stadium Sports Murals
Production of murals of Kenyan sports heroes, to be displayed along the perimeter wall of the Nyayo National Stadium.
This is part of the Kshs. 100M Covid-19 stimulus package.
Sports Kenya will be involved in this beatification project of the Nyayo National Stadium to celebrate Kenya’s sporting heroes.
These hand painted murals will include the teams, the individual sportsmen and women who have flown the Kenyan flag high since independence and will cover all sporting disciplines. Sports Kenya will work in collaboration with the government registered Kenya National Visual Artists Association (KNVAA) to select the artists to be involved in this project.
This call is open to both upcoming and established artists from all counties in Kenya.
- CRITERION: All Kenyan born artists:
- Live and work in formal or informal settlements
- Persons with disabilities
- Youth/Women/Marginalized persons.
- WORK MEDIA: Limited to MURALS of teams and individual sporting heroes, who’s images will be supplied by the Ministry of Sports Culture and Heritage. (A mural is a large artwork usually executed on a wall).
- Selected artist will be notified on 10th August 2020.
- Submissions will be juried, meaning that not all artists submitting are
guaranteed to be selected.
- Cost of materials and artists stipend shall be taken care of by the project.
- All publicity shall be made through approved channels through the Ministry of Sports,
Culture and Heritage.
- Artist must comply with all copyright laws and regulations when working.
- Vulnerable artists are encouraged to apply
Submission of Works
The project will run for 2 months from August to September 2020
The deadline for submissions is 14th August 2020.
Fill in the Form Belo